Friday, January 9, 1920

Cloudy mild day. Arose 7 A.M. To College 8-9; 11-12 and 1:30 to 2:30. Studied and helped father between classes. To Dr. Cooney's to have teeth overhauled. Studied, played piano etc. Drew water off ford etc. Bowled with church league at nite 142-154-152. Took 3 games from English Lutheran. Walked around town. To bed 12 P.M.

**********
I'm not sure what Stanford meant by "Drew water off ford." Any guesses out there?

Dr. Cooney was Stanford's dentist. See the July 25 post on Date Book 1919 for more information about him. I know how Stanford feels--I've had my teeth "overhauled" once or twice too!

I'm not sure where English Lutheran Church was, and I couldn't find a church that exists today by that name, but I did see in RootsWeb mention of a St. Luke's English Lutheran Church in Amsterdam where someone was married in 1897. Maybe that was it. At any rate, they were apparently not good bowlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment